It was love at first site when I read about the mission and work going on at Southwest Human Development. In their efforts to support early childhood development – SWHD is installing Little Free Libraries around Phoenix and beyond. Back in May of 2016 I was part of a kick-off event for my friend (Mama Fox) Phoebe Fox’s children’s book – “UP UP UP” – and this was my first experience with the wonders of the Little Free Library!
When David Reno, Corporate Relations for Southwest Human Development, asked if I could contribute some design to another little free library – I was so excited to help!
Eight different companies had purchased the panels of a little free library. I was going to create a design, they were going to paint it. To tie it back to to children’s literature they voted on different color palettes from famous children’s books. Then, it was all going to come together at a kick-off event for Read On Phoenix featuring mayor Greg Stanton!
There was a lot of excitement and communication among the Care2 Act contributors about the painting of the library. Here are the companies that devoted their time and got their hands paint-covered for this project!
- Kellee Dominquez – Arizona Central Credit Union |
- Jennifer Witter – Slalom |
- Tami Eggiman – Arnett Insurance |
- Karen Kruse – The Kruse Group |
- Lamise Rasheed – BBVA Compass |
- Melanie LaDue – Tuft & Needle |
- Stephanie Petersen – OH Partners|
- Kristin Vella – The Camby |
- While your at it – connect with Southwest Human Development as well!
- And…since you’re here 🙂 Skye Lucking: (Reach out for any art projects!)
I really love the teamwork that brought the library together – and for such a great cause. I have a feeling this will not be my last blog post about a Southwest Human Development little free library that has a Skye Lucking stamp. (Well, I hope!)
Thanks to Jennifer Witter at Slalom for some of the images below.